Why Ujala Cygnus?
Our team of gastroenterologists in Haldwani focus on providing exceptional gastro care to all the residents of Haldwani and nearby areas at an affordable cost.
Network of Hospitals
Services Offered At Ujala Cygnus Hospital Haldwani
We offer treatments for a wide range of gastro problems
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Fatty Liver
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- PEG Tube Placement
- General & Biliary Stenting
- UGI Endoscopy
- Liver Transplant
Contact Us For Instant Appointments
Awards & Achievement
Contact Us For Instant Appointments
Avail Cash Less Claim At Our TPA / Insurance Partners
Frequently Asked Questions
It is crucial to digest your food properly for the body’s growth and development. Here, your digestive tract plays a vital role. A gastroenterologist treats the disorders in your digestive tract. They work on the organs like the stomach, colon, pancreas, liver, and oesophagus.
If you observe bloating, diarrhoea, and other digestion-related symptoms, you may reach out to a gastroenterologist. They treat conditions like:
It is a burning sensation in the chest and happens when the acid from the stomach fills the oesophagus. Heartburn is a common digestive disorder that can be treated with over-the-counter medicines. However, some people may feel its symptoms frequently, and if this happens more than twice a week, you may consult a gastroenterologist. The frequent occurrence of the symptoms can indicate complications like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).GERD is a health complication that happens when the oesophagus lining is disturbed by stomach acids. It is common in smokers, pregnant women, and obese people. However, this condition can be treated with medications. In addition, some severe cases require surgery. If GERD is left untreated, it can lead to breathing problems and persistent inflammation in the oesophagus.
- GallstonesGallstones are small, hard-surfaced chunks that form in your gallbladder. The gallstones size can differ, and some people may develop large stones in their gallbladder. Some people may have several stones of different sizes in their gallbladder. If you experience sharp pain on the right side of your gut, you may have gallstones. An imbalance in the bile-producing substances can give you gallstones.Gallstones are majorly found in obese people and pregnant women. The chances of getting gallstones increase as you age. If you have developed gallstone once, you may develop it later again. To dissolve the stones, a gastroenterologist may advise you to take medications or undergo surgery to remove the gallbladder.
- Lactose intoleranceSome people develop symptoms like bloating, diarrhoea, and belly pain after consuming dairy products. A gastroenterologist looks at such symptoms and conducts tests to confirm lactose intolerance. They may suggest a change in your diet or give you dietary supplements to combat lactose intolerance.
- Inflammatory bowel diseaseInflammatory bowel disease can cause swelling and pain in the digestive tract. You may get swelling in the small and large intestines, resulting in stomach pain, diarrhoea, rectal bleeding, fatigue, and fever. It happens when your immune system mistakes food as a harmful substance and attacks the healthy tissues in your digestive tract.
- Colon cancer screeningA gastroenterologist can help in screening colon cancer by examining the insides of your colon. They may examine your colon as a part of the routine examination. To screen colon cancer, they may insert a thin camera-attached tube inside your rectum. The produced images help in diagnosing abnormal cell growth inside your colon. Moreover, stool examination and imaging scans help diagnose colon cancer.
It is better to visit the best gastroenterologist if you have symptoms that indicate any of the above mentioned medical conditions. As a Haldwani resident, you can find some of the best gastroenterologists in Haldwani Uttarakhand at Ujala Cygnus Hospital. Following the health advice of the best stomach specialist in Haldwani can prevent you from digestive disorders like heartburn. In addition, for severe conditions like colon cancer screening, you may contact one of the best gastro specialists in Haldwani.
When you visit a gastroenterologist for the first time, the meeting may last longer than you expect. It may take around an hour to discuss your present condition, symptoms, problems, medical history, and other treatments with your doctor.
Before starting the consultation, a nurse may measure your heart rate and blood pressure. In addition, they may ask you about your general health. For example, you can tell them about your allergies and other medications.
After the initial questions, your gastroenterologist may ask you detailed questions like:
- What symptoms do you observe?
- Where do you experience pain?
- How much time does it require to get back to normal?
- Do you notice any change in your pain?
- Do you see worsening of your symptoms at certain times?
- Do your symptoms get triggered by any causes or substances?
- Do your family members suffer from chronic digestive disorders?
If you notice symptoms in other parts of your body, you must make sure that you mention them to your gastroenterologist as it helps them diagnose your condition correctly.
Next, your gastroenterologist may make you lie down on the exam table to conduct a physical examination based on the symptoms. For example, they may apply pressure around your belly to listen to odd bowel sounds or look for tenderness in your gut. Moreover, they may ask you to take deep breaths or cough during the physical examinations.
After the physical examinations, your gastroenterologist may send you X-rays, CT scans, stool, and blood tests. Moreover, they may test the food movements inside your digestive tract. Further, they may ask you to undergo additional tests.
If you have any symptoms, look for some of the best stomach doctors in Haldwani. Alternatively, you can contact Ujala Cygnus Hospital, widely recognised to have empanelled some of the best gastrologists in Haldwani.
Some of the tests recommended by a gastroenterologist include the following
- EndoscopyA long tube with an attached camera is inserted into your mouth. It helps in diagnosing your upper digestive tract or taking a tissue sample from the digestive tract.
- ColonoscopyA gastroenterologist puts a camera-attached tube inside your rectum to examine the colon, rectum, and large intestine.
- Barium swallow or enemaBarium shows the insides of your body while a gastroenterologist scans your body. You may be asked to drink barium before endoscopy. Once you consume this liquid, your doctor can check the movement of your oesophagus, stomach, and intestines.
Even if the reports are clear, you need to take care of yourself. If you notice blood in your stool or changes in your bowel movement, you may consider consulting with the best gastrologist in Haldwani. It is advised that you consult with a specialist on noticing signs that indicate a complication.
Ujala Cygnus Hospital is widely recognised to have empanelled some of the best gastroenterologists in Haldwani. Our medical care team also has some of the best gastro surgeons in Haldwani who can help you with your digestive disorders. So if you are looking for a surgeon or a gastro doctor in Haldwani to help you overcome your symptoms, call us and schedule an appointment with our experts.