Why Ujala Cygnus?
Our team of neurosurgeons in Haldwani focus on providing exceptional neuro care to all the residents of Haldwani and nearby areas at an affordable cost.
Network of Hospitals
Services Offered At Ujala Cygnus Hospital Haldwani
We offer a wide range of neurological surgeries.
- Head Injuries – EDH, SDH, Contusions etc.
- Intracranial Tumours
- Skull Base Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Hydrocephalus Surgery
- Cervical & Lumbar Disc Surgeries
- Degenerative Spine Surgeries
- Surgeries For Spine Tumours
- Spinal Injuries & Fractures
Contact Us For Instant Appointments
Awards & Achievement
Contact Us For Instant Appointments
Avail Cash Less Claim At Our TPA / Insurance Partners
Frequently Asked Questions
Neurosurgeons deal with a discipline of medicine that specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and surgeries of any illness, disease or injury associated with the central nervous system and its supporting infrastructure. It may involve the brain, skull, spinal cord, spinal bone, spinal discs and nerves, and the support structures involve blood vessels, ligaments, etc.
A neurosurgeon treats the following issues:
- Peripheral nerve injuries: You might have carpal tunnel syndrome if or when the nerve crossing the wrist gets compressed or trapped.
- Brain disorders: Neurosurgeons deal with neural conditions such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, hydrocephalus or any other malformations caused to the brain by birth.
- Infections: Various infections are associated with the brain involving the brain and spinal cord and the spinal cord, disks, and other supporting structures.
- Traumatic Injuries: A neurosurgeon could help you with traumatic injuries caused to the bones of the spine, nerves, brain, spinal cord, skull and other support structures.
- Tumours: It may be an initial growth out of local tissues themselves or a metastatic spread from cancer in another part of the body.
- Neurovascular disorders: They include strokes, brain aneurysms, etc.,
- Spinal Problems: You can resolve spinal problems like numbness or weakness of legs and arms, pinching nerves resulting in mild to excruciating pain and neck and back pain.
If you have any of the above-mentioned neural issues, you can book an appointment with some of the best neurosurgeons in Haldwani empanelled at Ujala Cygnus Central Hospital.
Neurologists and Neurosurgeons are both associated and required to have comprehensive information about the central nervous system and its functions. Medical professionals of both disciplines, neurologists and neurosurgeons, perform diagnostic tests like EEG, CT scans and MRIs to examine the brain and treat any issues using minimally invasive procedures that heal the blood vessels within the brain and other supporting structures.
Neurologists are commonly involved with any neural ailments, including muscle weakness, confusion, lack of coordination, dizziness, change in sensation, etc. They also attend to patients with cluster headaches or migraines, strokes, seizure conditions like epilepsy, CNS infection, multiple sclerosis, etc.
The primary difference between a neurologist and a neurosurgeon is that a neurologist does not perform any surgery. A neurologist diagnoses a neural disorder or neurological issue, focusing more on medications and other therapies like physiotherapy. If the neurologist diagnoses a neural condition due to a physical problem, they might get in touch with a neurosurgeon to alleviate the issue with possible surgery.
If you encounter a brain, spinal or nerve issue, then the best thing to do is to consult with your primary physician. They will give you the appropriate suggestion on whether to call a neurologist or a neurosurgeon. To consult with some of the top neurosurgeons in Haldwani, call and schedule an appointment with Ujala Cygnus Central Hospital.
Neurosurgeons usually diagnose your disease or condition and devise a progressive treatment procedure. When you have back pain, it can often be treated with physiotherapy, anti-inflammatory drugs and other non-invasive treatments. Neurosurgeons opt for a surgical procedure when other treatment options do not show results.
Thanks to the latest methodologies and technologies, neurosurgeons can now carry out minimally invasive surgeries that are more precise than ever. They use technologies like 3D imaging to have a visual inside the brain or spine to have the safest surgical procedures with excellent accuracy. To undergo minimally invasive surgery, you may consult at Ujala Cygnus Central Hospital, which has some of the best neurosurgeon specialists from Haldwani.
A neurosurgeon gives you a comprehensive diagnosis of your central nervous system and tells you if you have any traumas or injuries that might be affecting you, and draws up a plan for the best treatment for it. Consider consulting with the best neurosurgeons from Haldwani if you must undergo surgery.
Surgeries performed by the neurosurgeons include:
- Endovascular Surgery: It treats various blood vessel or lymphatic system issues with an incision near the hip to access the affected vessel. It offers benefits such as a smaller incision, shorter recovery time, less strain on the heart, regional or local anaesthesia, minor discomfort and fewer risks. It is suitable for patients with a high risk of complications.
- Lumbar Puncture: Also called spinal tap, it is a treatment done to extract the Cerebral Spinal Fluid from between the two lower back vertebrae and pumped back into the subarachnoid space. It is performed to treat meningitis or encephalitis as a result of epileptic seizures. A spinal tap might also be performed to inject medications, spinal anaesthesia and alleviate pressure in the head.
- Disk Removal: A few little shock-absorbing disks are set through the spine for pain-free movements during your daily routine. Parts of our spine, especially lumbar and cervical regions, become weak, damaged, torn or misplaced with age or overworking resulting in pain and other symptoms. They can often be treated with medications and physiotherapy, but they might need surgical intervention in some cases.
- Laminectomy: Spinal cords and nerves can come under a lot of pressure due to shrinkage of spinal discs, inflammation of ligaments, etc. A neurosurgeon can alleviate this pressure by extracting a part of the lamina by performing a laminectomy procedure.
If you are experiencing any neural symptoms, please visit Ujala Cygnus Central Hospital. We pride ourselves in having a few of the best neurosurgeon doctors in Haldwani.