Why Ujala Cygnus?
Our Knee Replacement Department in Kanpur focuses on providing exceptional knee replacement surgeries to all the residents of Kanpur and nearby areas at an affordable cost.
Network of Hospitals
Services Offered At Ujala Cygnus Hospital Kanpur
We offer treatment for a wide range of knee surgeries & Treatments.
- Total Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery for Knee
- Cartilage Cell Therapy for Cartilage Damage & Knee Pain
- Knee Cartilage Injury Treatment
- Runner’s Knee
Total Knee Replacement
Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
Arthroscopic Surgery for Knee
Cartilage Cell Therapy for Cartilage Damage & Knee Pain
Knee Cartilage Injury Treatment
Contact Us For Instant Appointments
Awards & Achievement
Contact Us For Instant Appointments
Avail Cash Less Claim At Our TPA / Insurance Partners
Frequently Asked Questions
Knee replacement surgery is a commonly performed procedure that involves replacing the worn-out or diseased knee with an artificial joint. The surgery is performed on a damaged knee to reduce the pain associated with the medical condition and improve its functionality.
Also called Knee Arthroplasty, knee replacement surgery helps to resurface the knee joint. It is performed when non-surgical methods such as shoe inserts or knee braces and medications have failed to offer relief. Knee replacement surgery is usually performed when the patient experiences stiffness, chronic inflammation and swelling, chromic deformity, and continuous pain.
Are you a Kanpur resident in need of a Knee Arthroplasty? If you must undergo this procedure, you can consider Ujala Cygnus Hospital, It is one of the best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in Kanpur. At our hospital, you will be evaluated by some of the best doctors to assess whether you are an ideal candidate for the surgery.
Before you consider a knee replacement in Kanpur, our expert surgeons will review your medical condition as it would help if you considered discussing the risks and benefits of the surgery and alternative solutions before undergoing the procedure.
In a knee replacement surgery, the knee’s three compartments are replaced with prosthetic parts to relieve the pain and improve its functionality. There is no age or weight restriction to undergo this procedure, but most patients are between 50 and 80. Usually, the procedure is recommended based on the patient’s disability and pain.
There are several reasons why a knee replacement surgery may be recommended. Some of them include:
- Stiffness or severe pain in the knee that limits your day to day activities. Walking, sitting, standing up, climbing becomes difficult.
- Pain while resting in the night or during the day
- Knee deformity
- Chronic swelling or chronic inflammation that does not subside with medication or rest
- Other treatments such as lubricating injections, anti-inflammatory injections, physical therapy, and cortisone injections fail.
Knee replacement surgery is performed successfully at all ages. Surgeons have helped several youngsters with juvenile arthritis as well as elderly patients with degenerative arthritis. The success of the surgery depends on the patient’s health and the expertise of the surgeon. While there are many experienced surgeons in Kanpur, if you are looking for the best knee replacement surgeon in Kanpur, you can book an appointment at Ujala Cygnus Hospital.
Several factors govern the knee replacement surgery cost in Kanpur and depend widely on your overall health, location, the hospital you choose, and other factors.
Some of the factors that determine the knee replacement surgery cost in Kanpur include:
- The number of days that you must spend in the hospital determines the cost of surgery.
- The days you spend will depend on whether the knee replacement surgery is partial, bilateral, or total.
- The type of implant material, as well as the surgical approach, impact the cost. It varies as per the surgical instruments used, customisation, and the use of specialised technology.
- The cost varies if you have a pre-existing condition that may need additional precaution.
- You may incur increased cost if the damage to the knees is complex and takes longer to operate.
- In the case of additional care that arises out of complications, your cost may increase.
Your hospital bill will include several components such as hospital care, treatments, medications, consultation fees, surgical assistance fee, among others. It would be best to consider talking to your surgeon and your insurance provider before undergoing the procedure.
While the cost of knee replacement surgery varies from one hospital to another, if you are looking for the best knee replacement surgeon in Kanpur, you may consider some of the professional surgeons at Ujala Cygnus Hospital.